Shirin Neshat with Sussan Deyhim
Logic of the Birds
Shiratani Unsuikyo, Yakushima, continued. I’m guessing this area was the “Princess Mononoke forest” due to the amount of moss, but we didn’t see the sign!
25i in the rain/January 2013. What a day.
good pinks and greens !!!
as sort of a sibling post to the one on female rappers of color, here’s a short list of trans* and/or queer rappers!
- Mykki Blanco - Soundcloud
- Heidi Barton Stink - Bandcamp
- Cakes Da Killa - Soundcloud
- Amplify Dot - Soundcloud
- Katastrophe - Soundcloud
- Yung LT (RIP :( be careful when searching for his music, trigger warning for violence, murder, and misgendering) - Reverbnation
- Sasha Go Hard - Soundcloud
- Zebra Katz - Soundcloud
- Foxx-Jazell - Reverbnation
- Micah Domingo - Soundcloud
thank you to everyone who helped me find these artists! <3
You will need:
- a glass bowl or jar
- different kinds of moss from the forest
- some dry moss or grass
1. Place a layer (about an inch) of gravel in the bowl/jar.
2. Spread the dry moss or grass thinly over the gravel. This is to prevent the soil from trickling down through the rocks.
3. Pour the soil in on top. I used about 2 inches but I don’t know what’s best.
4. Dampen the soil.
5. Now add the moss. Place it anyway you like it.
I made my terrarium an open one. Check out this more detailed tutorial for closed terrariums: http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Basics-of-Closed-Jar-Terrariums/?ALLSTEPS
— Sylvia Plath (via fernsandmoss)
from last year
Brooklyn Botanic Garden
New York, August 2014